In the rapidly evolving technological and business landscape, effective network monitoring cannot be overstated.
With the growing dependence of organizations on intricate networks, sophisticated IT infrastructures, and a multitude of interconnected devices, the role of network monitoring is more pronounced than ever.
In this article, we are going to explore the indispensable role of all the features that a network monitoring system can provide. In particular, we’ll explain the role of the Domotz monitoring scripts.
We’ll include as follows:
Monitoring in today’s dynamic environment sheds light on how it identifies potential issues and empowers organizations to proactively address challenges, optimize resources, and ultimately thrive in an interconnected digital era.
What are the Domotz custom scripts?
The Domotz monitoring scripts are pre-configured and customizable scripts that allow you to extract crucial data from the IP-connected devices you control.
You can find them in our library, ready to use them as they are, or customize them to fit your needs.
Read more on our dedicated webpage about Custom Scripting Framework.
What can you do with our monitoring scripts?
Out monitoring scripts will help you effortlessly stay ahead in network and IT infrastructure management.
You’ll gain rapid access to crucial data pertinent to your managed networks.
Beyond that, you have the freedom to tailor existing scripts to your requirements or build entirely new ones from the ground up.
In short, you can:
Proactively monitor any network and IT infrastructure
Proactively monitor any IT infrastructure gaining more visibility and control. Quickly access critical data on the networks you manage using our ready-to-use scripts.
Quickly access critical data on the networks you manage
Leveraging our custom scripts provides numerous advantages, among others offering even more visibility into data.
Use our custom scripting to:
- Retrieve valuable data from devices
- Correlate external data with internal data to verify seamless system functionality
- Craft personalized automation to enhance workflow speed and efficiency
- Directly execute actions on devices
- Identify, monitor, and control issues before they become problems
- Tailor dashboards to suit your specific requirements
- Implement alerts based on your preferences
Improve your overall visibility
Leverage our custom scripts to enhance your overall visibility, empowering your clients to make informed decisions, pre-emptively address concerns, and ultimately improve the efficiency of their IT operations.
Take charge of your monitoring with Domotz.
What can you monitor?
Rely on our custom scripts to monitor and manage various systems.
Enhance database monitoring for deeper insights and data flow visibility. Monitor server usage and status, exploring applications running on physical or virtual machines, seamlessly integrated into the UI. For instance, you can check the SSL certificate status with a simple button click. Set alerts for deviations from established target values.
Use our custom scripting to gain visibility over various cloud services like
- Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services.
- Server hardware controllers such as iDRAC, or Lenovo XClarity.
- Servers include Docker, IBM iSeries AS400, Kubernetes Clusters, and Windows Active Directory.
- Databases and servers like Apache, MySQL, Nginx, pfSense, and Redis.
- Web applications such as SSL/TLS Certificate Validity Monitoring, Website Performance, and Web Services Performance.
- Operating systems include FreeBSD, Linux Services, Linux Updates, Microsoft Exchange, Proxmox, Windows Audit Settings, Windows CPU Usage, Windows Current Sessions, Windows Endpoints for Reachable Hosts, Windows Services Monitoring, and Windows Update Agent.
- Firewalls such as SonicWall.
- Network performance and troubleshooting systems include iPerf Internet Speed Test, Linux Latency, and Windows Latency.
How to start using our custom scripts.
Starting using our monitoring scripts is easy. You can:
- Find them ready to use: We have created numerous pre-configured custom scripts that are ready to be used as they are. You’ll find them in our library.
- Create your own script: Alternatively, you can create or personalize a script from scratch to customize it according to your monitoring needs. Find how on our Help page about Automation & Scripts.
What’s more, you can apply customized alerts on scripts to be notified when a specific event occurs.
Ready to get started?
Check out our ready-to-use scripts for full network visibility, or contact our support team.