The growth of smart home penetration and Internet of Things (IoT) Technology is proving a huge opportunity for IT professionals and MSPs.
More consumers are bringing devices into their home that need professional level support and assistance.
At the same time, unreliable software for troubleshooting IoT devices creates huge headache for technology professionals.
Troubleshooting IoT Devices – Unreliable Solutions
UK based Integration Company, New Land Solutions, was faced with that very dilemma. Existing monitoring and remote access systems were proving to be unreliable and way too expensive to implement.
That’s why New Land Solutions was looking for a new solution for troubleshooting IoT devices as part of their remote support services.
The company had previously tested and installed many different brands of monitoring software, but found that none were efficient and reliable enough to deploy on a large scale.
The supposed reliable network monitoring software often went down without notice or stopped working without cause.
New Land Solutions was also looking to expand its business and offer more products and services at a lower price point. They needed a more affordable and scalable solution for troubleshooting IoT devices.
Troubleshooting IoT Devices – The Benefits
New Land Solutions powers its concierge support service, The Digital Butler, with Domotz. They chose the software because it is reliable and affordable.
- Affordable: scalable and profitable solution for IT professionals and MSPs
- Reliable: works as it should
- Business growth: low monthly cost that enables New Land Solutions to build a profitable concierge support services
- Comprehensive features: network monitoring, remote access, remote power management and tech support features
Troubleshooting IoT Devices – Use Cases
New Land Solutions uses Domotz remote network monitoring software in many scenarios for troubleshooting IoT devices
- Remote Device Access and Configuration: The team uses the software to remotely access devices that need to be configured. When a new device needs to be installed, the team can complete the entire operation remotely.
- Heating Safety Monitoring: Heating gateways can be remotely monitored and accessed in emergency situations to ensure that no consumer has cooked floors.
- Flood Sensor Monitoring: Flood sensors are monitored so there are no burst pipes or floods.
- Landing Helicopters: Domotz has even saved the day one time – literally. A helicopter was attempting to land on the property, but could not because of severe fog. Unfortunately, the CCTV security camera was also down at the time, leaving the pilot without visual of the ground condition. New Land solutions used Domotz remote network monitoring software to power the security camera remotely to get it working again; so that the pilot was able to safely land the helicopter.
New Land Solutions saves huge amounts of money, time, and many headaches using Domotz.
“Domotz has gotten us out of jail more than one time!” said Luke Newland, New Land Solutions. “We would not have been able to attack new customer markets with the existing monitoring solutions available prior to discovering Domotz PRO.”
Learn more about Domotz remote network management software.
- What is SNMP and how does it work?
- Network mapping software 101 – guide to network topology mapping
- MSP IoT – 10 IoT devices MSPs are monitoring and managing