You can easily install Domotz on various operating systems and platforms. This blog post covers 16 of the easiest Domotz installation options. We offer easy software deployment on various architectures. This means you can use our network monitoring software across different platforms and devices without additional configurations or modifications.
We have a modular architecture that can adapt to different environments. Additionally, we provide you with an easy plug-and-play setup accessible from any desktop browser, mobile device, or through our RESTful API. Our software offers all kinds of useful features for network monitoring and management, such as alerts, 24/7 monitoring, automated topology, SNMP, network configuration management, remote power management, and access, to name a few.
Learn all about our network management features.
Domotz Installation Benefits
Monitoring your networks has never been so easy. Use Domotz on the operating system of your choice to:
- Instantly discover every device on your networks
- Secure and remote access to all your devices
- Access your automated topology map
- Receive alerts about critical network and device events
16 ways to install Domotz
You can install our network monitoring software on 16 different operating systems and platforms. Read more details about installation options in the Help Center.
Here a quick access to each of the Domotz installation options:
- Domotz Box
- QNAP NAS
- Raspberry Pi
- VMware ESXi
You can easily install Domotz on AWS for network monitoring and management. Learn about the steps in Amazon Marketplace or check our integration page.
What is AWS?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is an evolving cloud computing platform provided by Amazon that includes over 200 fully featured services from data centers globally.
- Cost-Effective: Thanks to the on-demand pricing, you pay only for the resources you use
- Wide Range of Tools and Services: You can quickly move from one cloud service to another or change your organization’s IT infrastructure. AWS provides adaptability so that you can deploy speed and power over time.
- Strong Scalability and Flexibility: Easily add or remove things as your business expands.
You can easily install Domotz on Debian for network monitoring and management. Learn about the steps in our help center or check our integration page.
What is Debian?
Debian, an all-volunteer organization, is among the most popular free Linux distributions. Many of its program components come from GNU projects, including Debian GNU/FreeBSD and Debian GNU/Hurd. An interesting fact about Debian is that the Debian Project is created by nearly 1000 volunteer programmers worldwide who constantly update it. Another interesting fact is that the name Debian is a mix of the creator’s first name, Ian, with that of his wife, Debra.
- Open-Source Philosophy: Debian gives you access to the source code to modify, distribute, and contribute to the software development. This approach promotes collaboration, transparency, and innovation.
- Stability: Lee frequent updates, but more thoroughly tested.
- Customizability: Debian allows you to configure your systems to your needs.
- Wide Range of Software Packages: Access to a vast repository of software packages covering everything from programming languages to productivity tools.
If you want to understand how the Debian project looks from the inside, please visit the Developer’s Corner.
You can easily install Domotz on Docker for network monitoring and management. Learn about the steps in our help center or check our integration page.
What is Docker?
Docker is a set of platform-as-a-service products that allows IT administrators to deploy software in packages called containers. In other words, Docker is an Operating System (OS) for containers. To make it simple, Docker provides a standard way to run your code.
- Portability: You can run Docker containers on any platform or OS that supports Docker.
- Consistency: The application environment remains consistent across different platforms, which helps you avoid conflicts between dependencies or runtime environments.
- Scalability: You can easily scale Docker containers. Thus, you deploy applications more efficiently.
- Isolation: Containers are isolated from each other and the underlying system, which enhances security and helps prevent applications from interfering.
- Collaboration: Docker provides a standardized way of packaging and distributing applications, making collaborating with other developers and teams easier.
To start using Docker, check out this user guide for beginners and read about exciting project ideas.
#4 Domotz Box
You can also use our Domotz Box proprietary hardware for network monitoring and management. Learn about the steps in our help center or check our webpage.
What is Domotz Box?
Domotz Box is a free Domotz software for Windows, Linux PC/Servers, or NAS drives. You can download it directly from the Domotz portal when hosting hardware on-site. Domotz is a remote network management platform that enables IT professionals, MSPs, and system integrators to remotely monitor, manage, and troubleshoot networks and connected devices.
Why Domotz Box?
- Single pane of glass: Rely on easy-to-use software to simplify the complexity of monitoring networks.
- Device Discovery and Inventory: Domotz helps you automatically discover all devices on your network. As a result, you’ll get detailed information about each device, including IP address, MAC address, manufacturer, model, and firmware version. This feature enables you to manage large networks and identify potential security threats.
- Remote Management: Remotely manage and troubleshoot devices on your network. Some remote management features include rebooting devices, changing network settings, and updating firmware.
- Customizable Alerts: Set up customizable alerts for various network events, such as when a device goes offline, when a new device connects to the network, or when a device experiences high CPU usage. This feature helps you quickly identify and address potential issues.
- Integration with Third-Party Tools: Domotz integrates with a wide range of third-party tools, including remote access solutions, help desk software, and home automation systems. This feature enables IT professionals to create a customized and integrated network management system that meets their specific needs.
Install Domotz on Hyper-V for network monitoring and management. Learn about the steps in our help center or check our integration page.
What is Hyper-V?
Hyper-V is Microsoft’s hardware virtualization platform that lets you create and run a software version of a computer called a virtual machine (VM). Using Hyper-V, you can create multiple VMs using hypervisor-V on a system running Windows.
- Highly Portable: Offers storage and live migration, VM importing, and exporting
- Great Disaster Recovery: Built-in Hyper-V Replica feature that enables you to replicate and store VMs on another physical host or location.
- Efficient Development and Testing: It supports 32-bit and 64-bit guest OSes, so you can run any type of workload on your VMs, making it easier and more convenient to develop and test applications.
- Cost-Effective: Much cheaper than many Hyper-V eliminates the cost of hardware devices by assigning machines virtually. In addition, you don’t need to pay for a license since this technology is included for free with windows server machines.
Luxul is another great installation option. Learn more from our integration page.
What is Luxul?
Luxul provides simple-to-deploy professional-grade IP networking solutions.
- Network Visibility: Luxul helps you quickly identify and address network issues. You can monitor network traffic, track device performance, and receive alerts for any anomalies.
- Security: It provides real-time threat monitoring and alerts, so you can create custom security policies, block unwanted traffic, and protect sensitive data from unauthorized access.
- User-Friendly Interface: Intuitive user interface that makes it easy to navigate and use. This user-friendly platform has clear dashboards and reports that provide actionable insights.
Install Domotz on OpenWRT for seamless network monitoring and management. Learn about the steps in our help center or check our integration page.
What is OpenWRT?
The Open Wireless Router (OpenWrt) Project is a Linux open-source project for Linux OS. It runs on embedded devices such as gateways, Wi-Fi routers, smartphones, or laptops. The primary advantage of OpenWrt is the ability to customize routers to the users’ tastes.
- Highly Customizable: Extremely configurable, so you can create custom firmware for your router and include what you want, for example, blocking advertisements directly on the router.
- Reliable and Stable: Well-tested architecture and automatic software update.
- Strong Community: OpenWRT relies on a large community of contributors that improve, expand and fix the OS.
- Highly Secure: Frequent security updates and modular architecture allow powerful security features, such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and more.
Proxmox is another great option for network monitoring and management. Learn about the steps in our help center or check our integration page.
What is Proxmox?
Proxmox Virtual Environment (VE) is a Debian Linux-based open-source platform for enterprise virtualization.
- Cost-Effective: It is open-source and does not require any licensing fees. It also supports a wide range of hardware and software, which reduces the need for expensive hardware upgrades.
- Easy to Use: Proxmox has a user-friendly web-based interface that makes it easy to manage virtual machines, containers, and storage. It provides a single centralized management console for all your virtualization needs.
- High Availability: Offers a high-availability clustering feature that allows you to create a cluster of physical servers, which ensures that VMs and containers are always available. In case of a hardware failure or downtime, Proxmox automatically migrates the affected virtual machines or containers to another node within the cluster.
- Secure: A large number of security features, including two-factor authentication, secure communication protocols, and secure storage of passwords and keys. It also has a built-in firewall against network attacks.
- Third-Party Support: Easy third-party tool integration over a RESTful API.
#9 QNAP NAS
QNAP user? You can easily install Domotz on QNAP NAS for network monitoring and management. Learn about the steps in our help center or check our integration page.
What is QNAP NAS?
Quality Network Appliance Provider (QNAP) Network Attached Storage (NAS) is a device that allows users to store, manage and access data from a central location over a network. QNAP NAS devices are designed for home and business use and can be customized with various applications and add-ons to suit different needs.
Why QNAP NAS?
- High Performance: Powerful hardware with multi-core CPUs, high-speed RAM, and fast network connectivity. Ideal for handling data-intensive tasks like video editing, multimedia streaming, and virtualization.
- Advanced Data Management Features: Advanced data management features that make it easy to manage your data. For example, snapshotting allows you to take a point-in-time snapshot of your data, or replication, which allows you to replicate your data to another QNAP NAS device for added redundancy.
- Security: QNAP NAS has built-in antivirus software, firewall protection, and access control. QNAP NAS devices also support data encryption, which helps you keep your data secure and confidential.
- Scalability: You can easily expand the storage capacity of your QNAP NAS devices as your data needs grow.
#10 Raspberry Pi
Calling all Raspberry Pi users. Install Domotz on Raspberry Pi for network monitoring and management. Learn about the steps in our help center or check our integration page.
What is Raspberry Pi?
Raspberry Pi is a small, low-cost, credit card-sized computer. It encourages people to learn how to code and experiment with electronics. It is a versatile device that you can use for a wide range of projects, from home automation and robotics to gaming and media centers.
Why Raspberry Pi?
- Small Size: Lightweight and portable, perfect for a compact computing solution. Its small size allows it to fit in tight spaces and makes it easy to carry around.
- GPIO Pins: The General-Purpose Input/Output (GPIO) pins allow you to connect with other electronic devices. You can use them to read and control the electric signals from other boards or devices based on how the user programs them.
- Great OS Support: The official OS for the Raspberry Pi comes pre-installed with essential software tools and applications. It’s constantly updated to add new features and fix bugs. In addition, the Raspberry Pi supports various OSes, including Raspbian, Ubuntu, Windows 10 IoT, and many others.
- Low Cost: Some of the latest Raspberry Pi models cost around $35, making it an affordable option for hobbyists and students. Its low cost and versatility make it popular for learning programming, building robots, and more.
Using NETGEAR? ReadyNAS can host your Domotz Agent for network monitoring and management. Learn about the steps in our help center or check our integration page.
What is ReadyNAS?
ReadyNAS is a brand of network-attached storage (NAS) devices by NETGEAR. These devices are perfect for small to medium-sized businesses and individuals who need a centralized location to store and share their files, media, and other data.
- Easy Management: User-friendly management interfaces, easy to set up, configure, and manage the device.
- Scalability: ReadyNAS devices are scalable and can support a wide range of storage capacities, from a few hundred gigabytes to multiple terabytes. They also support various RAID configurations, including RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, and 10, to ensure data redundancy and protection.
- Data Protection: Advanced data protection features, including snapshot technology that allows instant snapshots of your data, protecting against accidental data loss. ReadyNAS also supports cloud backup solutions, enabling you to backup your data to the cloud for added protection.
- Remote Access: ReadyNAS devices have built-in remote access capabilities, enabling you to access your data from anywhere with an internet connection. This feature is particularly useful for remote workers and businesses with multiple locations.
To sum up, ReadyNAS is a reliable and scalable solution for individuals and businesses. It’s perfect for whoever needs a robust storage system that can grow with their needs over time.
Calling all Raspberry Pi users. Synology for network monitoring and management. Learn about the steps in our help center or check our integration page.
What is Synology?
Synology specializes in network-attached storage (NAS) appliances. Synology NAS devices typically run on DiskStation Manager (DSM), an intuitive web-based OS that allows you to manage and customize your devices easily. DSM offers a wide range of applications you can install and configure to meet specific needs.
- User-friendly interface: User-friendly interface that is easy to set up and manage. The intuitive web-based interface allows you to access and manage your files and applications from anywhere.
- Expandable storage: You can expand your storage capacity by adding additional hard drives or connecting to external storage devices. This fact makes it easy to scale up as storage needs grow.
- Versatile applications: A wide range of applications, including file sharing, media streaming, backup, and surveillance. You can customize your NAS to suit your specific needs by installing and configuring the most relevant applications.
- Advanced data protection: Advanced data protection features such as RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks), which provides data redundancy, and snapshot technology, which allows users to recover previous versions of their files.
Are you a fan of Ubuntu OS? Install the Domotz Agent on Ubuntu for network monitoring and management. Learn about the steps in our help center or check our integration page.
What is Ubuntu?
Ubuntu is a free and open-source Debian-based Linux OS you can use on your computer or VM. Ubuntu is considered great for beginners. Most of all, you can use it on your personal computer but also on servers.
- Free and Open-Source: You can download and install Ubuntu for free. It also includes Office Suitey, which is known as LibreOffice. It also offers various free applications, such as Spotify, Chrome, Telegram, Slack, etc.
- Completely Customizable: You can change the look and feel of the OS, which is comfortable for you.
- Runs Without an Antivirus: The risk of malware or virus is minimal, which decreases the anti-virus software cost.
- Helpful Community: If you have trouble using Ubuntu, you can get developers to help from the Ubuntu official website.
You can easily install Domotz on VirtualBox for network monitoring and management. Learn about the steps in our help center or check our integration page.
What is VirtualBox?
VirtualBox is open-source software for virtualizing computing architecture. It’s one of the most popular tools for creating and managing virtual machines. It runs on Windows, Linux or macOS. You can use it in all kinds of tasks and applications that require one or more isolated machines for you to use.
- Multiple OSes: Using VirtualBox, you can run multiple OSes simultaneously on a single physical machine. You can run Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X on the same computer without purchasing multiple machines.
- Easy Setup and Installation: It does not require any complicated configurations or setups. As a result, even novice users can start with virtualization technology quickly.
- Resource Sharing: You can share resources between the host and the guest OSes. In other words, you can easily share files, folders, and other resources between different OSes running on the same machine.
- Isolation: VirtualBox provides complete isolation between the host and guest OSes. In other words, when you make any changes to the guest OS, you’ll not affect the host OS, and vice versa. This makes it an ideal solution for testing and development environments.
- Cost-effective: Free and open-source, you can use VirtualBox without paying any licensing fees. This fact makes it a cost-effective solution for small businesses or individuals.
#15 VMware ESXi
VMware ESXi is another option for hosting your Domotz Agent for network monitoring and management. Learn about the steps in our help center or check our integration page.
What is VMware ESXi?
VMware ESXi is VMware’s bare-metal hypervisor software. It’s essentially an OS that runs directly on top of your system’s hardware. In other words, you can install it on servers that can use the physical hardware to create one or more VMs.
Why VMware ESXi?
- High Performance: It allows you to handle multiple VMs running simultaneously without any performance degradation.
- Easily scalable: A single ESXi installation can simultaneously use more than one CPU.
- Easy Management: A centralized management interface allows you to easily manage VMs, virtual networks, and storage resources from a single console.
- Customer support and compatibility: Extensive support and vendor capability. Its small footprint, about 200MP, also means you can quickly set up and deploy ESXi servers.
Lastly, you can easily install Domotz on Windows for network monitoring and management. Learn about the steps in our help center or check our integration page.
What is Windows?
Windows is a graphical OS by Microsoft. The company introduced the first version in 1983. See the Microsoft Windows timeline if you are curious.
- User-Friendly Interface: User-friendly, intuitive and straightforward interface that is easy to use, even for those with limited computer skills.
- Wide Compatibility: Windows is compatible with various software applications, hardware, and devices. Additionally, Microsoft has built-in drivers for many popular hardware devices.
- Software Availability: Many software applications are designed specifically for Windows, making it the ideal platform for businesses and home users.
- Multi-Tasking: Windows allows you to run multiple applications and processes simultaneously, which is ideal for productivity and multitasking. Additionally, Windows offers the ability to create virtual desktops, allowing users to organize and switch between different sets of open applications.
Check out our full list of thousands of integrations available for free on Domotz.
Still have questions about the Domotz installation options?
- Contact our sales team and get a demo based on your case scenario.
- Start your 14-day free trial.
- Check out Domotz Onboarding Guides.
- Contact our support team.